Sheets 8.5 x 14 Comes clear or white
1. Before you begin, it is important to note that clear decal paper is best applied on light colored surfaces. White decal paper is best used when applying decals to dark surfaces or if you image has white in it!
2. This is just a sugestion so you dont waste water slide!! Print a test copy of the desired image on a normal sheet of paper. If the image is not satisfactory, simply adjust your printing options until the image comes out as you like. To increase the quality of the print, select Photo Glossy Paper and select “Best” under Media & Quality.
3. The waterslide paper is A4 size, used around the world though uncommon in the United States, where U.S. Letter size is used. You will need to switch your printer page size from U.S. Letter to A4 size (8.27 x 11.69 inch). To do this: 1) have your image file open on your computer 2) press Ctrl + P 3) Go into Printer Settings/Setup 4) switch page size from Letter to A4.
4. Gather the following materials for the transfer: 1. Item for the image to be printed on (should be hard and smooth, i.e. a coffee mug) 2. Inkjet printer 3. clear aerosol acrylic decal fixative spray 4. hair dryer 5. scissors 6. bowl of warm water.
5. Print the image on the white decal paper then apply your clear aerosol acrylic decal fixative spray to the image. It is highly recommended to spray AT LEAST 3 coats waiting around 1 hour between each coat. The fixative spray locks the water-soluble ink to the decal film, making your designs waterproof so that the ink is not dissolved when placing your decals into warm water to apply. Let the fixative spray air dry for an hour or use a hair dryer for 45-60 seconds to speed the process of drying.
7. Cut the image out with scissors. Rounding the edges will ensure the image does not peal off as easily as sharp corners. OR you can perform a print and cut with your cutting machine!
8. Soak your decal in a bowl of warm water for 15-30 seconds. If the decal curls up, bend it the opposite way to straighten it. The decal is ready to be transferred when you see the edges peeling from the backing sheet.
9. Remove the paper backing by sliding it off from the white decal with your image printed on it and apply it to your desired surface. Smooth out the surface gently with a clean cloth or sponge to remove water and trapped air bubbles.
10. Carefully use a hair dryer to help the decal adhere to the surface fully. If the item is small and oven-safe, bake the item with the decal on it in an oven at 200°F – 250°F for 10-15 minutes depending on the item. Other items may be left to dry using a fan if neither of the other two methods are available.
11. Do a happy dance and enjoy your creativity!
Can be applied to glass, ceramic, metal, plastic. etc